Making a good impression in a job interview is a big concern for everyone, especially when all you have is one chance to make a positive impression!
Believe it or not, but how you wear your hair can really change the way you are perceived by those around you. Every time you try a new hairstyle, it brings out a new personality in you. When it comes to interviews, the key is to make a hairstyle that highlights your individuality without going crazy and being too much. After all, preparing yourself and improving your appearance tremendously boosts your confidence too.
• Frizz and a messy hair-do is something you shouldn’t do .
• Accessorizing your hair with beads, clips and other jazz can be a disadvantage. The interviewer might get the impression that you are trying too hard to please them with your looks.
• Don’t let your hair fall on your face. Remember, eye contact is a must during interviews.
• Hats or scarves may leave you looking very casual and unfit for a formal interview. Even if that has been your style, be flexible and get rid of them for a day.
• Don’t let your hair get messed up in humid weather, rain or strong wind. Be careful of such factors and take care accordingly.
• Wash your hair one day before the interview. This will not only smoothen and tame your hair but will also save on time for the big day!
• Wear clothes and makeup that suit your hairstyle. However, remember that simplicity and professionalism will go a long way in making that much talked about ‘first impression’.
• Know your hair type and decide whether to let your hair loose or put them up in a neat ponytail or a bun.
• If you have long and thick hair, you should preferably tie it up in a ponytail or bun so you don't touch your hair all the time.
Tips for all hair types -
• If you have straight and silky hair, the idea is to neatly let it loose. Also, make sure that it doesn't cover your face or eyes and is neat. A tight ponytail will highlight your facial expressions.
• If you have beautiful bouncy curls, you can either make a nice loose bun or could open them up. Always make sure that your curls are not frizzy.
• If you have a bob cut/short hair, keeping your forehead clean by pinning up the bangs and the fringe will make you look smart.!
• If you have straight, thin and limp hair, tie it up to have a tidy and professional look for the interview!
So ladies, as you are about to enter the corporate world and persuade your careers, follow our tips and you shall face the interview well! And don’t forget to charm them with that beautiful smile!
Wash it slowly
Massage the shampoo by the roots for 20 seconds. Then apply the conditioner to the length and tips and let it act for 5 minutes.
No home-made recipes: Treatment creams are best suited for returning moisture and nutrients to your hair.
Comb in the right direction
Combing from the tips to the roots avoids hair breakage and split ends! Fight the frizz with a long-toothed wooden comb.
Protect your hair whilst you sleep
To combat unwanted frizz, wrap your hair in a silk or satin scarf. These fabrics can also be used on your pillowcase!